Tag-Team Wrestling

It is so nice knowing that I don't have to go through this alone. My wife has been the BOMB throughout this entire escapade. I say escapade because it has been a trip from reality. We spent a week and a half in hospitals. How far from reality is that? Or maybe, that IS reality. Yup, that's what we had to do. My daughter spent 3 days on a ventilator. She had at least 4 seizures, 2 of which we captured on video and EEG. She was on hydrocodone for pain management. Did I mention she's nine months old? She spent her 9-month birthday in the same place she was born. She rode in a helicopter before I did. I learned what a central line is. I also learned that life's most painful questions don't always have answers.

All that time, my wife was there for me. She cried with me, she reminded me to pray. She was absolutely stellar, even when she barely had any sleep. Today she was there for me again. I am getting to the point of emotional burnout. More and more I don't want to talk about it anymore. BUT, Autumn reminded me that this isn't just about me. She also has to face many questions and tell our story time and again. What she reminded me was that people are asking because they care an awful lot about Trinity and our family. I am so impressed and awed by the amount of support we have received in the form of prayers, phone calls, emails and even meals. It is good to be reminded that I am not alone in this process. I hope that you keep asking me how things are going. It is how I know that you still care.

On another note, we have some picture below. Some are rather graphic, so I hope that you can forgive me for posting them. They are not for the faint of heart. We have been keeping you up to date on Trinity's wrestling career, so keep that in mind when you witness the carnage below. It's wrestling and the moves are all 100% real. There is no faking around here.

Sammy the raccoon agreed to work out with Trinity while she is recovering. Frankly, Sammy has never been much of a wrestler. He thought that he could score a couple of quick wins with the baby who can't see very good. Well, he got a surprise, as you can clearly see above. The armlock had him tapping out in no time.

As she works towards a comeback, mom is there to coach her along. No, I'm no coach. I'm the crash test dummy. Just wait and see.

After a few pointers and some warm up matches with the raccoon, Trinity turned it up and put the hurt on Scout the Green Singing Puppy. Go home Scout, She's just too much for ya!

Did I mention that I was the crash test dummy? Is this move even LEGAL in wrestling? Notice that Scout the Green Singing Puppy has already been subdued.

Random cuteness. You knew it was coming.

Comments

  1. Trin is still as adorable as ever...I might even venture to say that she gets cuter every day! You guys are still in our prayers, and we mention Trinity every time our bible study group meets...just remember that your names are on the lips of many many people, being raised to our ultimate Daddy. He sure loves Trinity a ton. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL oh man that 3rd picture looks like she is saying, "You want some of this!?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For a Miracle

First Scoop...and a monkey!

More on the kid...