Sorry for the delay...

I know it's been a few days since the last Trinity update, but it's been a little busy around here. I was in Boise for a couple of days for work training and I was a little too tired last night to update the blog. Can I say that we have been the recipients of a TON of good will? Wow, the great support just keeps coming in, day after day. The e-mail, prayers, notes and cards are so awesome, it's hard to describe. The greatest though, are the kids. I get stories frequently about kids who are 5 or 6 that are praying for Trinity. A friend of mine told me her daughter reminds her, "don't forget to pray for the baby!" Another relates the prayers of her 5 year old son, how they maker her cry. It makes me cry just writing about it. We received a gift bag at church the other day from a family. Inside was a cute little bear that a little girl named Emma had bought for Trinity with her merit points at school. That's amazing. Here's the note that came with the bear:

There are more smiles than are just on the note, let me assure you!

On a health note, Trinity is doing better and better each day. Baby steps mostly, but she's doing really well. She is pulling herself up, rolling over like crazy and crawling more and more. My favorite part is how she wrestles with me. I make jokes about her wrestling with stuffed animals, but I love growling and wrestling with her. She likes to grab my head (I have the scars to prove it) and tackle me. Okay, so she really only tackles my head. I'll take it.

She is exhibiting more and more of her old energy and behavior, which is very encouraging to say the least. I'll admit that I think more and more about the fact that we still don't know what caused this whole thing in the first place. I was just thinking about how it would be easy to forget how God has really brought us through this process and how we need to stay focused on relying on His love and strength, not our own.

One way we have tried to do that is to really focus on RIGHT NOW. We can worry about the past, which will drive us crazy. We can worry about the future, which will also drive us crazy. Worry sounds like a recipe for crazy. Here's what the Bible says in Matthew 6:34:

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I don't know about you, but that helps me because it means that someone else greater than me has a plan. I don't know how else to deal with this situation. Right now we have about 23.5-23.75 good hours a day. The other time is a little tough. If I didn't have the relationship with God that I do, those time allotments would be swapped. Which would you want? Oh yeah, here's two good reasons for me to have a good day:

One of my favorite things is to hold Trinity while she is sleeping. It calms me. Autumn holding Trinity while she sleeps calms me as well.

Trinity is a really good eater. It has given her the cutest thighs ever. Everybody likes the chubby legs. Her latest dinner favorite (I use the term loosely because she doesn't really have a choice as to what she eats) is cheesy squash. Autumn calls it cheesy squash casserole, but it's really just cheese and squash. Come to think of it, what is a casserole? Go here to see.

So Trinity likes the, er, casserole very well. She eats a lot of it. Sometimes she wears a lot of it too. Somehow she managed to commandeer the spoon. Bad idea, very bad idea. But it does qualify as the random cuteness for today. Gotta love the baby blues. Enjoy:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For a Miracle

First Scoop...and a monkey!

More on the kid...