More than I can handle on my own

I feel more and more that there is no way that I could have endured Trinity's illness by myself. I know myself well enough to realize that I would have spent way too much time feeling sorry for myself. But I am truly blessed to know that there are so many people in my life that are there when I need them. Sometimes I don't even know that I need them. I run into these people every single day. I probably have needed them for a long time, but lately it has simply been more obvious. I suppose that my faith operates in a similar manner, there are always things and people I need, but I am not always paying attention enough to realize I need it at all.

I was talking to a friend of mine today who commented that Autumn and I had been on a bit of a faith journey throughout this process. I would agree, but not in the way that you might be thinking. I will admit that my faith in God has increased greatly through this process because he has proved in a way that is very important to me that He is always there for me, no matter what happens. I never really doubted that he would bring us through this thing, but never could I imagine that he would do it in such an incredible way.

But the real journey for me has been talking about my faith. It wasn't a stretch, at least not as much as I thought, to trust God while Trinity was so sick. You certainly have to rely on someone bigger than you when your child is on a ventilator. There is nothing you can do except talk to her, sing to her, and stroke her hand or head. There was no way I could handle that for days without God there to strengthen me. Autumn was a great help too, but she was also dealing with her own stuff. It was God who propped me up. But the amazing part was that I was able to talk about it. Maybe it was because it was such a vital part of our day to day living, but it just seemed like that was the part we needed to talk about; that and all the support from the people in our lives.

So there was a journey and there still is a journey. Every day brings new challenges and an amazing recovery from Trinity. Thank you for your prayers and support. You have been a part of God's plan, whether you knew it or not.

Now enough of that, on to the cuteness...

Below are a series of shots that speak for themselves. As such, I will refrain from captioning them. Enjoy Trinity eating her foot. I know she did!






Comments

  1. These are by far (in my little opinion as of late) the very BEST photos I've seen of Trinity!! Oh, to be so flexible. Well, maybe not. Not sure if I truly want to chew on my foot. :) Thanks for the photos, Big Pappa!!

    beth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For a Miracle

First Scoop...and a monkey!

More on the kid...