Ready or Not...

Here she comes! It is 2:30 in the afternoon on Friday, November 21st. This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it! I have sang that song since I was a kid, and I now know how true it can be. We are getting ready to head to the hospital to induce labor. This is the last day that our family will be only two, okay maybe tomorrow too. But nevertheless, our house and home will never be the same. I will never be the same. Autumn will never be the same. We will never be the same, and while I rejoice in the pending arrival of our daughter, I can't help but mourn the loss of our life up til now. We have a great life, and while the addition of a child will make it even better, there are so many things that I know I am going to miss. I am going to miss the tranquility of our life as man and wife. I am going to miss the freedom to come and go as I choose. I am going to miss the flexibility that comes with being able to eat or go whenever I want to.

But I look forward to many things as well. I look forward to seeing my wife hold our daughter. I look forward to holding my daughter. I look forward to meeting my daughter and calling her by name. She has been a gift to us even through pregnancy and I look forward to the blessing that she will be for the rest of our lives together.

Time to go. Deep cleansing breath. Just breathe, I was told. It's not in my hands, it never has been. The next time I write, it will be as a husband AND father. cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For a Miracle

First Scoop...and a monkey!

Greasy Kids' Stuff