Thoughts on family

First of all, let me say that I have the cutest baby on the block, no joke. Her smile is so much fun and she is getting so interactive that it's driving me crazy! She is so much fun to be around, whether I am feeding her and she falls right asleep, or if she is laying on a blanket pumping her legs like she's running up hill. It sure is fun and for unexplainable reasons, her smile is so rewarding, it just kills me. Below is an example, stinkin' cute!


Last night as I was sitting in the big chair feeding Trinity her last bottle of the night, I swear to you that I had all sorts of profound thoughts. Really, I did. Honest. But they flew away along with my consciousness and here I am left with really jumbled thoughts as I fight off yet another little cold. I used to be able to think clearly, but not so much anymore. It is driving me a little bit batty. That's okay, I'll trade clarity for my daughter any day of the week. Twice on Sunday. Speaking of Sunday, this is what we have been doing lately...


Ain't she cuuuute?

While we were in Boise last weekend, er, two weekends ago, we visited my Dad's church. Trinity dressed up in her Sunday best. It was her first foray into the realm of dresses. I think that she pulled it off nicely. What do you think?



I have to say that I am so impressed with how Trinity's grandparents are all really leaping into the role with gusto. By gusto, I mean that they are all pretty happy to let her fall asleep while they hold her. I am pretty happy to do the same thing. Usually I fall asleep with her. Here's Trinity and Opa hangin' out.



For those of you wondering, Opa is a german term of endearment for Grandpa. I have an Opa too, although he died three years ago in August. Here is Opa and me on his back porch the year before he died. I remember one time, while under heavy sedation after his heart attack, he told me that the girl that I was dating just wasn't right for me. He said that we just didn't think the same. I agreed and ended it the next week. It was in evitable, but his advice, drugged as it was, showed me how strongly he felt about it. He normally would NEVER give relationship advice. Well, after he met Autumn, he told me that he thought she was pretty terrific, that we were well suited for each other. He wasn't even drugged! It really showed me how much he cared about my well being that he would be so bold as to comment on something like that. I love you Opa, you were right about Autumn! Peace be with you!



Opa is survived by his wife of over 55 years. I think she is going on vacation with us this year, to Alaska! Opa would have loved it! I love you Oma!



Parting shot of cuteness:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For a Miracle

First Scoop...and a monkey!

More on the kid...