Daily S.O.A.P.

Scripture

1 Corinthians 10:13

Every temptation that has come your way is the kind that normally comes to people. But God keeps his promise, and he will not allow you to be tempted beyond your power to resist; at the time you are tempted he will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out.

Observations

A scripture like this can tend to make a person feel guilty, but I think that a better way of looking at it is to think of it as an encouragement. You can resist, because you will not encounter any temptation that you can not resist. It may take outside help, but you can do it! It also makes us responsible for giving in.

Application

Find out where I am giving in: in context of yesterday, it would be to fight the temptation to be a bad listener and the temptation to not say how I feel. So today, I will be a better listener and express how I feel.

Prayer

Dear God, thank you for my family, especially my wife and daughter. Help me to listen to those you have put in my life and to show them that I value them by telling them how I feel in the most loving way possible. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For a Miracle

First Scoop...and a monkey!

More on the kid...