Daily S.O.A.P.

Scripture (Phillipians 2:10-11)

The Humbled and Exalted Christ

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Observation

How am I using Jesus as a role model? Am I putting God before myself? No.

Application

Practice listening: It is unselfish and takes the focus off of me.
Practice Self-disclosure: Honesty is the best policy and it also demonstrates care for the people you practice it on.

Prayer

Dear God, teach me how to put others first, so that I might become less. I want to be less so that you can become more. Thank you for sending Jesus to live and die for You. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For a Miracle

First Scoop...and a monkey!

More on the kid...