A few thoughts on today, or how to wonder at wonder

Really the title of this post doesn't mean anything at all. I am just trying to be clever at 10:00pm. It's not working for me either. But maybe it will make you wonder what the heck I put in my coffee this late at night. So many people I know can't drink coffee past noon or they will be up all night. Not me. I can drink a pot of the stuff and still sack out in about 30 seconds flat. But I imagine that my time is coming. Oh the horror.

My dad and stepmom stopped by on their way through to Seattle this morning. They needed their grandbaby fix. It was really nice to see them, I am thrilled and touched by the enthusiasm of my parents towards the birth of our daughter. It is the first grandchild, so I can see why it is such a big deal for them. At 34 years old, I am the youngest and I just got around to procreating. I wonder if they had written the whole thing off. Nevertheless, here we are and my daughter has three of the best sets of grandparents that a child could ask for. People tell me I am going to spoil her because I am such a softy. I tell them that, with six grandparents, I won't have to spoil her at all. I won't have to spend a dime in that direction. Ha!

In all seriousness though, I don't think I have ever seen a single event cause both of my parents to cry. This is significant because my parents are not married to each other anymore, haven't been for a long time. That is how powerful the birth of a new life can be. I expected my dad to cry because he's a weeper, but my mom is much more reserved about showing her emotions. She cried when I first saw her with Trinity. We cried again when she was leaving the hospital. I might be crying right now as I write this. All because she came around:



On the lighter side, my dad brought the laugh of the day. It made my mom laugh and she wasn't even here. My dad was holding Trinity right after she fed. You can probably see where this is going. I hear a sputter and see my dad move quickly for a rag or something to wipe with. Then, over his shoulder because he is facing away from me, I see a spray of spittle flying through the air. The first salvo, evidently, was just the warning shot. As you can see from the picture below, she got him pretty good.



I suppose that baby spit-up is pretty common, but this is a first for our family, so bear with us as we laugh our way through it. As a final note, I will leave you with a couple of wonderful picture of my mom and dad with their first grandchild. I will note here that I am waiting with great anticipation to introduce Trinity to my sister Coleen. She hasn't been able to come down yet, so we have no pics. Otherwise, she'd be here too. It makes my heart so full to see my daughter wrapped up in the love of her family. Peace.


Comments

  1. She is really beautiful! Many congratulations and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For a Miracle

First Scoop...and a monkey!

More on the kid...