Christmas 2011, Episode 2

Christmas for our family came in (at least) three parts. I already wrote about the first episode a few days ago, which brings us to our next installment. Part two was in Leavenworth, Washington, where my mom and stepdad live. The climate there is similar to ours, except they usually have more snow since they are at the foot of the mountains. This year they were in the same boat as we are at home, with cold temperatures and very little snow. Still, it's Christmas, so who needs snow anyhow?



Can't remember what they were making. I am too astounded at how grown-up Trinity looks. Yikes!

Lots of snow or a little, we kicked the kids outside!


Christmas Eve means pajamas. Trinity didn't seem to understand that she should wear her own, not mine!


Yes, we do indeed keep trying to get a smiling picture where both kids are looking at the camera. Yes, if I ever figure out how to do it, I will tell you. You'll be the first to know, along with everyone else who reads this. So that will make three total. Ha!


Bashful Santa?


What the?!? And where is my arm?!?


The challenge of little kids and stairs: keeping them apart. What is it that attracts kids to stairs? We only had one episode, and that was because Trinity was leaning on the gate, trying to unfasten it. She did, and fell. The amazing part was that Autumn just happened to come over to the stairs right at that moment. She reached over just in time and caught Trinity by her hair. Wow!


More attempts at synchronized photography. At least they're looking in the same direction. Now, if it was only in the right direction!


This could have been a good picture. It's 2/3 of the way there.


Baths happened in the utility sink. It's genius really, no more hunching over the tub! Why didn't I think of that?



Snow bunnies!


Sledding was less than optimal, but that wasn't really the point. We were starting to get a little cabin feverish, so it was time to go outside!


Not so happy


Going fass! Yes, I meant to spell it that way. That's how Trinity and Teagan say "fast".


About to get our sled on!


Not sure if a three year old can actually be much help in this situation, but she does like to try!


Pulling mommy. Or, holding onto the line while mommy pushes herself.


The last thing we did was devour a gingerbreak house from Harry & David. It took a while to crack that thing open. The frosting is like cement! In case you were wondering, and I know you were, the frosting tastes like cement too. Yech!


Never one to let flavor get in the way, Trinity dove in with aplomb! Yes, I double checked to make sure that I was using "aplomb" correctly. I have readers who are writers, so I have to make sure I use appropriately sophiscated words correctly. That last part is important.

But enough about me, what have YOU been doing?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For a Miracle

First Scoop...and a monkey!

More on the kid...