PTSD


Post traumatic stress disorder. Can this occur for good trauma? I am having a hard time focusing on anything today. We're having a baby! I am so excited to have a daughter. I didn't think that I cared one way or the other. I know that I would also love to have a boy. But I think that somewhere deep down I wanted to have a daughter. I remember that when we first found out that Autumn was pregnant, we both had a hunch that it was a girl. I think now that maybe it was a bias and not intuition of any sort. It doesn't really matter, but I think that it is interesting to think about why we think the things we do and why we like certain things more than others. My boss has a theory that people get the children that suits their personality the best. He has four boys and it suits him. There might be something there, but may it is just a coincidence. A friend of ours has three daughters and it suits him very well. So it goes.

I am so loving this process, but there is something that bothers me. It is when people feel like they have to remind us that it is going to be hard and that we are going to be exhausted. What a downer. Do they think that I don't know that it is going to be the hardest thing that I have ever done? It just brings me down and I wonder why people feel it is necessary to say those negative things. I want a little positivity! I am pumped!

Also, above is the latest update on my hairline tracker. I think that the tide is still going out.

Comments

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! Whenever people try to tell me that this is going to be the hardest thing we'll ever do, I just reply that it's also going to be the most rewarding. I never thought I'd say this, but I think being parents is going to be one of the biggest blessings to ever hit our lives! I know Nathan and I can't keep our excitement from showing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For a Miracle

First Scoop...and a monkey!

Greasy Kids' Stuff