35 And Counting

I had my birthday celebration over the weekend and my wife pointed out that when my daughter is 35 years old, I'll be 70 years old. I wonder if social security will still be a viable source of income at that point in time. I wonder what kind of world my daughter will live in. What kind of world will she bring her children into? I used to think that it was irresponsible to bring children into this world because it was slipping into moral decay. I didn't have any hope in people and the world which we have created. I think that falling in love with Autumn gave me a different view on hope. That is to say, I found it after I met her, or at least after we started dating. I think that when I stopped taking myself so seriously, I had more hope. There was so little that I could control, and it had always been that way. It always will. One lesson that I can still stand to learn on a daily basis is that it's never as bad as I think it is. In fact, it's pretty good.

I am so lucky and blessed to have the family that I do. I could not have asked for a more fantastic wife or daughter. My extended family certainly blesses me more and more as time goes on.

We have new pictures, but I haven't put them online yet. Until I do, here's a couple older ones. Cute huh?




Update: This post sounds like doom and gloom, but it is not about that at all. When I talk about the world slipping into moral decay, I that that was more a reflection of where I was as a person, not any sort of reality. Even if morality is more fluid these days and seems to drift from traditional Christian values, there is much to be hopeful about and a lot less to worry about than we think. I hope that clarifies things a little...peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For a Miracle

First Scoop...and a monkey!

More on the kid...