Remembering Grandma

A couple of weeks ago, my grandma died. She had lived a long full life, long enough to out live the great depression, disco, bad hair bands, Y2K (remember that?), and sadly, many of her friends and peers. It was her turn to fly, and she earned her angel's wings for sure. She was a little old lady for as long as I can remember, but was ever active in her church and volunteered at a local hospital for many years. Ham and scalloped potatoes were Easter staples, and sometimes the sweet potatoes with marshmallows cooked on top. She fit more stuff into an 800 square foot house than I can fit into a house double that size. She had the best posture of anyone I have ever seen. She prided herself on that, and rightfully so. I can't sit up straight for two minutes without slouching. She lived to be widowed twice. She lived to see great grandchildren (three of them!). And she held the family together. We will miss you grandma.


She was 93 and we miss her.

I know it's more appropriate to keep things somber when someone dies, but we're going to chart a new course here and have a little fun. Autumn and the kids and I all traveled up for grandma's service and we ended up having some fun along the way. Here's how it went:


Okay, if you look closely you will see that this is not Seattle. But when a girl puts on 8 socks on one foot, you have to take a picture!


This really is Seattle. This toy is fun at first, but requires much focus after you get it going...


Like I said, focus!


We were able to spend part of Saturday with my sister and her husband. That's Coleen and Jason, for those of you who don't know. We all marveled at Teagan's air time. We all are grateful for coffee. Hey, it's Seattle. Walking around with a coffee cup is required.


Airplane!


Kids love big beds. And crackers.


We went to Seattle Center to see the Children's Museum. It was a little bit of a rough start for the kids...


...but a dance party will get things going! Pig-pile on mommy!


That place is great, they have a mock-up of a grocery store. For a girl who loves to collect things, this was incredible!


And for a boy who loves hand tools, the construction zone hit the spot!


I don't think I will be taking them shopping any time soon.



You can't go to the Seattle Center without seeing the Space Needle. But the lighting was bad. I played with the photos and they came out kind of neat, with a fun lighting effect. Well, I think so.


Da boy


Da girl


Me and da boy

A whirlwind weekend that I wouldn't have missed for the world! I didn't get any good pictures of the service. Bad, bad me. But I did get this:


Grandma would have loved the pink flowers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For a Miracle

First Scoop...and a monkey!

More on the kid...