Oh where do I start? I think that I may have written a blog post within the past 12 months, but it has been erratic enough that I'd have to look and honestly, if I do that there is a good chance that, I'll end up distracted and and before you know it, no blog post. So I'm not even going to look. As I side note, I took a creative writing in the spring and one of the main criticisms of my writing is that it's too loose. I use too many words. Wait, where was I?

Maybe that's because the teacher is a poet she tends to focus on shorter pieces. What happens though, is that I tend to lose my literary voice when I do too much editing, mostly because I don't do it very often. So in order to sound like me when I write, it comes across more...conversational and less precise. So it goes.

But I like that idea and I think that my writing is just fine the way it is for this format. If I really want to do more with my writing, I'll have to refine my craft. But really this isn't the time or place for practicing that. I think that if I get better, it will trickle down and it'll be obvious...or maybe not.

Life for the Harrell family has been, in a word, busy! For the record, I did go back and look to see the last time I posted. It was in March. I guess that it's been 6 months. That's a life time with young kids. The funny part (mostly funny) is that winter wasn't even close to over, since it dumped over a foot of wet, heavy snow in mid April. We'd been shoveling the fluffy white stuff all season, but it wasn't until that last dump in April that I considered buying a snow blower. That stuff weighed a TON!


Speaking of weight, this boy needs some meat on his bones!


He knows the pose!


Handy, because if knew a tornado was coming, I'm pretty sure I'd need a bathroom...


To date, my biggest complaint about Minnesota is the lack of Adam's peanut butter. Fortunately I have an awesome wife who supports my habit. You'd be surprised how fast we go through this much peanut butter. Okay, you'd be surprised how fast I go through it.


I think I may mention the kids and how they can be a challenge, but really they're pretty awesome.


Dreaming of the day! #goaliegoals


Pregame hair session before the big performance! I am pretty sure that she is more excited about the rice crispy treat!


She was so excited for the spring show!

So that's a start. There's more to come, since I just went through April pictures. Now if I can just stay focused!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting For a Miracle

First Scoop...and a monkey!

More on the kid...